Expert Witness Testimony Services in Los Angeles & Orange County
It is not enough to have only book knowledge. We must be able to find the evidence, interpret it, evaluate its importance, and articulate those facts to a jury.
DataChasers® has the distinction of having served as Special Master to Federal Court, as well as being the expert of record in numerous Superior and Municipal courts. All DataChasers® examiners have extensive litigation experience, having testified numerous times. DataChasers® has served the public sector, federal agencies, private corporations, and our attorney clients with litigation support and as trial preparation consultants.
The Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA) is primarily an educational organization with the goal of enhancing the skills of experts in all genres. DataChasers® has held both state and local board positions on the Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA), and has conducted expert witness training several times to FEWA attendees.
The following considerations apply to all court appearances:
- Expert witness testimony and Special Master services may be any court presence, appearance, or testimony.
- Displays and/or exhibits must be specified, in detail, and are remunerated at a set rate as set forth on the current Fee Schedule.
- A retainer, including anticipated hours, per diems, and expenses, must be received and funds cleared at least 72 hours prior to the appearance date.
- A detailed explanation of Expert Witness testimony and Special Master services is included in the Fee Schedule, immediately available by e-mail or fax.
Professional Courtroom Presentations
- Displays created to accommodate the specific needs of each individual case, ensuring a professional presentation.
- Demonstrably, and simply, explains computer forensics to a jury that may not have any understanding of computers.
All services conform to, and are rendered within, applicable laws, Title 18 U.S. Code, Chapters 119-121 et al, ECPA (Electronic Communications Privacy Act), FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), and PPA (Privacy Protection Act) regulations. All services are contingent on a signed contract and advance retainer, and no services are rendered in arrears. The focus of all examinations is the inanimate machine, i.e. the computer/s – not a person or persons. DataChasers® is not subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and holds a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) opinion to that effect.